NFFE Praises A-76 Revisions Passed in House Armed Services CommitteeThursday, May 10, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Randy Erwin, NFFE Legislative Director
Phone: (202) 257-0948
The A-76 language passed in the Defense Authorization bill early Thursday morning would do the following:
- Exclude health care and retirement costs from the A-76 cost comparison process.
- Eliminate automatic recompetition of work performed by federal employees under A-76.
- Establish equitable appeal rights for all federal employees.
- Eliminate OMB outsourcing quotas.
- Require the establishment of guidance to allow federal employees to compete for new work.
- Establish in law a competition requirement for non-DoD agencies which is identical to what is permanent law for DoD.
â€śThe current rules governing A-76 are not fair to federal workers. They are clearly aimed at moving government jobs into the private sector. These changes would do a lot to eliminate some of the egregious advantages contractors enjoy when competing against federal employees,â€ť said Richard N. Brown, NFFE president.
â€śNFFE applauds the Armed Services Committee for addressing this important issue,â€ť said Brown.