NFFE Praises A-76 Revisions Passed in House Armed Services CommitteeThursday, May 10, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Randy Erwin, NFFE Legislative Director
Phone: (202) 257-0948
The A-76 language passed in the Defense Authorization bill early Thursday morning would do the following:
- Exclude health care and retirement costs from the A-76 cost comparison process.
- Eliminate automatic recompetition of work performed by federal employees under A-76.
- Establish equitable appeal rights for all federal employees.
- Eliminate OMB outsourcing quotas.
- Require the establishment of guidance to allow federal employees to compete for new work.
- Establish in law a competition requirement for non-DoD agencies which is identical to what is permanent law for DoD.
“The current rules governing A-76 are not fair to federal workers. They are clearly aimed at moving government jobs into the private sector. These changes would do a lot to eliminate some of the egregious advantages contractors enjoy when competing against federal employees,” said Richard N. Brown, NFFE president.
“NFFE applauds the Armed Services Committee for addressing this important issue,” said Brown.